"There's even a place for your camels!"

Genesis 29:29-31

Rebekah had a brother named Laban. Laban ran outside to the man at the spring. He had seen the nose ring and the bracelets on his sister and had heard her say, "The man said this and this and this to me." So he went to the man and there he was, still standing with his camels at the spring. Laban welcomed him: "Come on in, blessed of God! Why are you standing out here? I've got the house ready for you; and there's also a place for your camels."


Take it deeper...

So while continuing to read the book of Genesis, I came upon this scripture that struck me interestingly. This is the story of how Abraham's servant, under the last request of Abraham himself, went out to find a wife for Isaac, the son of the covenant. Abraham wanted his son to marry a woman of the same heritage. She had to be the right person and the possibility that they would find her was slim to none!

He finds this young lady that meets the qualifications God tells him that she is the one. So he gives her a gift, then after doing that, Her brother comes out and invites the servant in. He says "...and there's also a place for your camels."

What strikes me Spiritually about this portion of scripture is that there's room for camels. Hear me out... I know you are thinking, "Pastor Sam, there's a lot here, God's guiding hand, Wisdom for the servant, trusting God. You are really hung up on the camels?

Yes I am and here's why. Because when God guides you into his plan for you, He even looks after the most insignificant details and provides so completely that you don't need anything else!

Selah.


What this tells me is that God is concerned about everything we are concerned about and even remembers to address the "little things" that we are concerned about. WHAT A RELIEF! You mean that when we trust God, He takes that trust and makes good on it? Absolutely. Today, there may be things in your life that are like the camels... They stink, they spit, and they bite, but God says, "You know what? I'll take care of it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Analyst's view of Luke pt. 3

My daddy

Lead like Jesus