God's in the trenches with us.

 7-9Just think—you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that. (1 Corinthians 1:7-9, The Message)


So it's been awhile since I blogged. I have been SO busy with work, school, and church. In a good way! God's been teaching me the difference between belief and knowledge, but that's not what I want to chat about today..

As you notice in the verse above, the part about "But God himself is right alongside you" I looked up that right alongside you bit, and its from the greek word "Pistos"

1) trusty, faithful
a) of persons who show themselves faithful in the transaction of business, the execution of commands, or the discharge of official duties
b) one who kept his plighted faith, worthy of trust
c) that can be relied on
2) easily persuaded
a) believing, confiding, trusting
b) in the NT one who trusts in God's promises
1) one who is convinced that Jesus has been raised from the dead
2) one who has become convinced that Jesus is the Messiah and author of salvation.

Why would Paul use Pistos to describe God, when as we see, many of the descriptors refer to humans?

I think its because Paul wanted to realize just how close to us God really is. I think we get the idea that God is somewhere outside us, hovering over us, watching us, a phone call away. Yes that's true, but when I am in trouble, or feeling discouraged, I don't want to know that my wife is a phone call away, I want her there with me, a shoulder to cry on, a person to hug.

Paul says that God is there too, Right with us in the trenches of life. God's Holy Spirit is there inside of us, comforting, encouraging, empowering and emboldening us to fight through the things we deal with on a daily basis. We have to continue to suit up in the Armor of God, use the Sword of the Spirit, the word of God, to bind the enemies plans for our lives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Analyst's view of Luke pt. 3

My daddy

Lead like Jesus