Inexhaustibly large, infinitely patient, compassionately small

Paradox-a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth.


I have been on a quest to read through the message bible. I have done quite a lot of it already, but when I got to Psalms and Proverbs, something so profound struck me that I had to share.

If you read Psalm 18:7-50 and into Chapter 19 in the message paraphrase, you'll see David talking about just how big God is. Two things hit me at the same time I was reading this set of verses. The first is just how huge God is. It says that when he steps down the earth literally doesn't have enough room for him, so it creates an abyss in the sea. But the next thought was all the promises that God gave us (me) regarding who we are. His children.

Have you ever felt safe?
Have you ever felt confident in someone else's ability to keep you together?

This same huge, inexhaustibly large, infinitely complex God cares for us.
I don't think the way you think.
The way you work isn't the way I work."
God's Decree.
"For as the sky soars high above earth,
so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
Just as rain and snow descend from the skies
and don't go back until they've watered the earth,
Doing their work of making things grow and blossom,
producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry,
So will the words that come out of my mouth
not come back empty-handed.
They'll do the work I sent them to do,
they'll complete the assignment I gave them.
Isaiah 55:8-11 (The Message)

When God says something to us in the Bible, it comes with the guarantee that He will fulfill it. Psalm 19:10 (the msg), "God's Word is better than a diamond,
better than a diamond set between emeralds.
You'll like it better than strawberries in spring,
better than red, ripe strawberries."

SELAH-------

Now that you have paused. take a moment to think about your children. My wife and are about to have a baby boy in October. My wife has been reading a with me, week by week, that talks about the development and what he is doing in the womb. It goes over what he looks like, how much he weighs, how tall he is, and all the different interesting things.

If you stop for a moment and think about the process of creating a human being, you cannot help but think about just how much God loves us. He is so large, yet, he cares enough to take 2 cells and make them become a human child. He cares enough to watch that child, even taking great care to number the hairs on his head, and watches, and waits for that child to look up and see his almighty, heavenly Father. He waits, with infinite patience as he grows up. Then he watches as sin takes hold of the baby he created. The marring mark comes into full bloom in the child and he still waits patiently.

SELAH-------

During the course of his life, Jesus didn't sin, but it was God's love, God's choice to break Him. The spotless one bespotted for me, you, us. Just so that when that child is drawn back by God, He can forgive that child and put child back on the right path.


GOD IS SO HUGE! But God is so compassionately small that He cares about every word we say, every thought we have, every choice we make. To close this blog, I want you to see one of the best communicators I have heard, Louie Gigglio, explain the vastness of God.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Analyst's view of Luke pt. 3

My daddy

Lead like Jesus